About Christina Gantcher
Christina was trained by Kim West, The Sleep Lady®, in her Gentle Sleep Coach program which is the first and most extensive professional sleep coaching certification program available. The program involves over 80 hours of training, an exam, and participation in case supervision with Kim West, LCSW-C (a.k.a. “the Sleep Lady”) who has been helping tired parents for over 18 years. Clinical supervision and ongoing advanced training are required to maintain certification as a Gentle Sleep Coach. Some of her training topics included:
- Basic counseling and child development
- Sleep science and behavioral modification techniques
- Secure attachment theory
- Support for the breastfeeding mother
The training also consisted of lectures from top specialists, including:
- Postpartum Depression from Dr. Shoshana Bennett, author and leading specialist on Postpartum Depression
- Medical Conditions and Sleep Apnea in Children led by Dr. Lewis Kass, Director of Children’s Sleep Center
- Sensory Processing Disorders and Sleep by Jodi Jennings, OTLR
The GSC Program also includes an exclusive advanced training series directly centered around how to gently work with babies 4 and 5 months of age. This program which she has also completed consists of over 40 hours of instruction and mentorship.
Some of the curriculum training topics include:
- In-depth knowledge of the delicate nature of infants under 6 months of age and how to consider all elements of their well-being
- Current evidence-based guidelines and instruction on how to evaluate the 4-6-month-old child and family and determine if the child is ready for sleep coaching
- Gentle sleep solutions and strategies that are effective and developmentally appropriate for the younger baby
This specialty training is designed to give coaches the knowledge, education and all the tools and resources they need to successfully work with families of babies 4-6 months of age in a safe, healthy and developmentally appropriate manner.
Christina’s educational background includes a B.A. in Comparative Literature from the University of Massachusetts and an M.Sc. in Psychoanalytic Developmental Psychology from University College London. She is a mother of two boys and lives in New York City with her husband, Mike Gantcher. She had the good fortune to work with Kim West personally when her older son had sleep difficulties.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any other questions, please contact Christina
“When my son was a toddler I was tired all the time and I needed support to teach him how to sleep. I then became passionate about helping other parents with their children’s sleep challenges.”